Tripster AT takes our years of experience gained from the now legendary Tripster ATR and our range of championship winning cyclocross bikes, to create a bike capable of almost all terrains and adventures.
During the development of the Tripster AT we also worked closely with the late Mike Hall in the design process and gained from Mike’s knowledge and love of long distance, multi-terrain riding.
The final production model features a number of enhancements thanks to Mike’s input and you can see this referenced on the frame graphics.
Under Additional Info. is an email form Mike showing his input on the graphical styling of the Tripster AT
The Tripster AT boasts cutting edge adventure bike features and versatility, allowing it to be built to excel across a variety of uses. Commute on it, ride bridleways and gravel with it, go bike packing on it, ride across continents on it. The new Tripster AT will take all of this in its stride and more.
With through axles front and rear, clearance for 700c x 45mm or 650B x 52mm tyres and with cable routing for any kind of group set, this bike can be a two wheeled Swiss Army Knife! Add in multiple bottle cage mounting, rack and mudguard mounts and the dependability of a British Standard bottom bracket with Kinesis UK proven geometry and you have a recipe for adventure.
The Tripster AT is such a capable and versatile bike that it might well be the one you ride the most of all.
• Tough yet lightweight Kinesium tubeset with tapered machined headtube.
• 31.8mm seat tube for 27.2mm seat post (will add a bit of compliancy).
• Colour matched Full carbon tapered Tripster AT fork with 12mm thru axle.
• Disc mount – Inboard Shimano Flat-mount on frame. Rotor size is 140mm (160mm compatible).
• Seat stay mounts for mudguards and pannier racks. Bridges on chain stay and seat stay for fender mounting, runs 40mm tyres with full mudguards for clean winter riding!
• Beyond gravel capability with 700c x 45mm tyre clearance with supplied fork and up to 52mm clearance on the frame.
• 3 x bottle boss mounts for extra carrying capacity or storing a tool keg.
• Optimum hydration system – moveable down-tube bottle cage mounting to allow for full bottle carry capacity even with a frame bag.
• Rear 142 x 12mm Thru-axle (included), new 12mm E-thru drop out hanger. Shimano direct mount hanger optional.
• Internal cable routing for mechanical and electronic gear systems.
• BSA threaded BB for real world low maintenance riding.
• FSA Taper headset included, Kinesis seat clamp.
• FRAMESET INCLUDES: Kinesis Tripster Thru Axle Disc Fork (full carbon), headset,Seat clamp, cable port hardware.
Detailed by Mike Hall.
Mike was more than just a rider for Kinesis. We supported his bike adventures and journeys all over the globe. This collaboration helped us improve the Kinesis adventure range with his insight and feedback.
Last Autumn, following Mike’s return from the Transcontinental Race, he dropped into our office and chanced upon a very early prototype of what would become Tripster AT.
The plan for this frame was to add a value packed adventure bike to our range. The key to this was "All Year, All Terrain, All Fun."
Mike got very excited when he saw the first sample and helped us make a few tweaks, such as the third bottle cage mount on the down tube to give increased bottle access even with a frame bag. Another key point Mike made was a flattened edge on the top tube to stabilise a filled frame bag.
We introduced Mike to our designer Matt Gray and they had many detailed conversations. Mike put across his ideas and a few of his own drawings. (pics below).
• Camouflage the bag straps - so frame still look good with and without bags.
• Consider where bags may go in conjunction with the graphics - making sure they won't be covered up.
Mike was very keen on the metallic Blue/Grey paint code that Matt showed him over FaceTime. He wanted something smart and subtle which fitted with his Transcontinental brand and Arran Blue was perfect.
Our SeeOn Yellow colour came from a conversation between Rory, Bruce and Mike they wanted to offer something outrageously bright and stand out on hillsides and roads. Mike would of been excited to see the production colour.
We had so much in the pipeline working with Mike, it’s a massive shame that it got cut short.
It was an honour too have had the opportunity to work with Mike on the Tripster AT.