Whether its racing the local crits or winning the sprint for the sign on the chain gang or simply not being last to the coffee shop the new Kinesis Aithein EVO is a bike that likes to be ridden at pace.
The Kinesis Aithein EVO frame has several changes to improve the ride such as a new downtube that provides internal cable routing, slackening the tapered headtube by ½ degree and increased tyre clearance for up to 30mm tyres for enhanced grip and speed.
BB Cable Guide
SEAT POST: 31.6mm
SEAT CLAMP: 34.9mm
FRONT MECH: Braze-on fitting
BRAKES: Designed for short drop caliper brakes
BB: ‘BSA' English Threaded BB
HEADSET: Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for taper head tube. FSA No.42/ACB headset included with frame
TYRE CLEARANCE: up to 28mm tyres (brand dependent)
COLOURS:Anodised Black or Metallic Candy Red
SIZES:47cm / 50cm / 53cm / 56cm / 59cm
BLACK ANODISED WEIGHTS:47cm = 1.25 kg / 50 = 1.30 kg / 53 = 1.36 kg / 56 = 1.42 kg / 59 = 1.50 kg
RED PAINTED WEIGHTS:47cm = 1.33 kg / 50 = 1.38 kg / 53 = 1.43 kg / 56 = 1.52 kg / 59 = 1.60 kg
• Advanced, Superplastic Formed, ‘Anti Gravity’ seat tube, adds immense core stability to the frame, allowing us to lighten the main tubes.
• Internal routed cables on the downtube.
• Increased clearance for up to 28mm tyres for more grip, speed and comfort.
• Lightweight Race Frame
• 330g monocoque carbon, taper 1.5” stiff fork.
• Taper Head Tube.
• BSA thread bottom bracket for ease of use and serviceability.
• Tough anodised frame finish with laser-etched graphics and special decals.
Please Note: Minimum 52t front chainring.
• HEADSET: Both bearings are ‘ACB’, meaning ‘Angular Contact Bearings’. The head-tube bearing seat angle is 45º. The headset drops into a tapered seat in the head tube and is tensioned using a headset tensioner within the fork steerer.
Tensioning the headset centres, it on the taper and prevents any play. The larger lower bearing allows a tapered steerer and larger crown. This gives a stronger fork with a sharper response and helps reduce flex under braking.
• BB: BSA threaded bottom bracket is now standard on the Aithein Evo frameset although designed to be used with a 24mm spindle this system can work with 30mm spindles using a Praxis M30 BSA bottom bracket.
• KINESIUM: Developed by Kinesis International, Kinesium is a superb tubing for use in lightweight, high performance frames. Kinesium is enhanced 6000 series Aluminium alloy, which is 25% stronger than 6061 at the same weight level.
• SPF: The Aithein EVO uses Kinesis developed ‘Super-Plastic Formed’ tubing technology for its unique seat tube.
SPF is the modern version of ‘Hydroforming’, it uses far higher temps. to produce complicated shapes in thinner wall tubing than was possible with Hydroforming. The result is lighter weight tubing that can be formed to make the frame perform exactly as we require.
• FORK: The Kinesis Aithein EVO uses a specially developed, 330g monocoque carbon, taper 1.5” fork.
• ULTRA SMOOTH WELD PROFILE: This frame is joined using Kinesis developed smooth weld technology, giving tough, stress-free welds and clean appearance. The welding technique performed without secondary finishing or sanding, so weld bead and tube are left at full strength.
• ANTIGRAVITY SEAT TUBE: The SPF ‘AntiGravity’ seat-tube gives huge ‘core stability’ to the frame, it means the main tubes are under less torsional strain and means we can lighten them. The wide base and special profile of this advanced tube keeps the BB stable and delivers maximum power output at the wheel.